Stay tuned for details about our next plant sale, which will probably be in late February and early March, depending on the weather. Meanwhile, stay safe and enjoy your fall gardens. And stay in touch with us on social media.
Since COVID-19 kept us from having our annual Fall Festival/Fundraiser, we decided to grow a selection of vegetables, herbs and flowers for your fall gardens. All proceeds of the plant sale will help support Green Corn Project’s mission to help Central Texans grow more organic food gardens.
The sale will be held outdoors from 8 am. to 1 p.m., at Boggy Creek Farm during the farm’s regular Saturday market. The sale will be repeated every Saturday morning through October or until the transplants and seeds run out.
For growing and harvesting tips on the transplants and seeds that we’ll be selling visit this page. And for the most current list of what’s available for sale each Saturday, scroll to the bottom of this page. We’ll update this list every Friday.
Many thanks to Boggy Creek Farm for allowing us to set up our plant sale on the farm. Be sure to check out their just picked fall garden vegetables for sale at the farmstand.
Plant Sale Covid Protocols
Green Corn Project’s COVID protocols are intended to ensure the safety and health of our volunteers, as well as our supporters, so we appreciate your strict adherence to the following:
- Wear a MASK at all times
- MAINTAIN 6 FEET between other shoppers, or anyone not in your family or group.
- SANITIZE hands before you begin shopping
- Review available plants and seeds on the display table and then ask a GCP volunteer to assist you with your selections.
- Pack your items in a cardboard tray (provided).
- AT CHECK OUT, place items on the table so cashier can ring up your total.
- Pay with credit card or cash.
- PLEASE BE PATIENT. We appreciate your support and will do everything we can to get you home safely and quickly with new transplants and seeds for your fall garden.
Plants/seeds available at Oct. 31 plant sale:
(Please arrive early for best selection)
| 4″ Herb Seedlings|
4″ Vegetable Seedlings
Endive aka Frisee: Benefine (limited)
Japanese Red Mustard
Ruby Streaks Mustard
4” Flower Seedlings
Small Seed Packets
Beets: Red Ace
Lettuce: Pirat Butterhead
Lettuce: Red Salad Bowl
Mustard Greens: Ruby Streaks
Mustard Greens: Wasabina
Snap Peas: Sugar Snap
Swiss Chard: Fordhook
Smith Elementary Red Poppy