GCP’s 2021 Spring plant sale
COVID-19 kept us from having our annual Fall Festival/Fundraiser at Boggy Creek Farm in 2020, and we were disappointed, but we managed to pull together a pandemic-safe alternative that we’ve now decided is almost as much fun as our annual festival — an edible plant sale.
A pandemic silver lining? Perhaps. But whatever you call it, we’re doing it again for the spring growing season, so mark your calendar: Saturdays from 8 am to 1 p.m. February 27, and March 6, 13 and 20.
All proceeds of the plant sale will help support Green Corn Project’s mission to help Central Texans in underserved communities grow more food gardens.
The sale will be outdoors at Boggy Creek Farm during the farm’s regular Saturday market. For the most current list of what’s available for sale each Saturday, scroll to the bottom of this page.
Plant Sale Covid Protocols
Green Corn Project’s COVID protocols are intended to ensure the safety and health of our volunteers, as well as our supporters, so we appreciate your strict adherence to the following:
- Wear a MASK at all times
- MAINTAIN 6 FEET between other shoppers, or anyone not in your family or group.
- SANITIZE hands before you begin shopping
- Review available plants and seeds on the display table and then ask a GCP volunteer (who will be wearing gloves) to hand you your selections of plants and seeds.
- Pack your items in cardboard boxes (provided).
- AT CHECK OUT, place boxed items on the table so cashier can ring up your total.
- Pay with credit card or cash.
- PLEASE BE PATIENT. We appreciate your support and will do everything we can to get you home safely and quickly with new transplants and seeds for your fall garden.
Many thanks to Boggy Creek Farm for allowing us to set up our plant sale on the farm. Be sure to check out their just-picked garden vegetables for sale at the farmstand. And wear your mask!